Right here is another instance when everything is just right with a photo.
|Cover image to Gabor Szabo's 1966 Jazz Raga LP on Impulse Records. Head out to your local record shop and find this one!|
Not that you need me to point anything out, but:
- Beautiful, shining Lambrettas at the forefront of the image.
- Jazz guitarist Gabor Szabo busting out his sitar at a traffic stop while out on a Sunday scooter ride.
- Cute Carnaby Street model diggin' on the entertainment while waiting for the traffic light to change.
- Oh yeah, and Szabo looking MAF (an old term my friends and I used to use that I'd forgotten about - 'Mod as F***')!
But let's go back to Gabor Szabo. Instead of donning a kaftan, long hair and love beads* to go with his sitar, he keeps it cool with a crisp, sharp outfit:
- Tight, houndstooth-patterned trousers with no flare. (And I'm a fan of small flares!)
- Dark, thin floral tie.
- Dark jacket contrasting with a light blue shirt. And are those cocktail cuffs, I see?
- Short, neat hairstyle which I'm totally cool with despite my dig of the backcomb.
- Pinkie ring!
That's how you do it!
[*EDITOR'S NOTE: Yeah, yeah, I know the photo's from 1966 which pre-dates kaftans, long hair, and love beads.]