Friday, October 7, 2011

Sharp Stylings #11: Jacques Dutronc

We can learn so much from yesterday’s fashion icons.  And living in a post-Mad Men world means we can even enjoy aspects of current male fashions! Every Friday, I’d like to start your weekend off right with a little style inspiration from either then or now. Hopefully, my fellow Mod enthusiasts will find the whole or some detail of the whole to appreciate and maybe even adopt.

[Mod Male is on vacation at this time so won't be able to respond to any comments.]  

In honor of the French portion of our trip, today's sharp fellow is Jacques Dutronc. Personally, I never got too heavy into '60s French music, but there are the popular dancefloor songs I really dig such as Dutronc's Le Responsable.

Taken from the NeoRetro blog.
I actually had a difficult time finding a slick photo of Dutronc NOT in a 3-piece suit. And it's not that I don't like 3-piece suits (I do), but I wanted to get a more Moddish-looking photo of the guy. So, here he is lookin' killer in a slim suit, thin lapels, nicely cut pants (should I be using the term 'trousers' for any international readers?), thin tie, and... is that a pocket square or a pair of eyeglasses sticking out of his pocket?

Doesn't matter... with the confidence this guy's exuding in the photo, he could be wearing a pocket protector and still out-cool you.

No comments:

Post a Comment