Friday, December 9, 2011

Sharp Stylings #19: Jocelyn Armel

We can learn so much from yesterday’s fashion icons.  And living in a post-Mad Men world means we can even enjoy aspects of current male fashions! Every Friday, I’d like to start your weekend off right with a little style inspiration from either then or now. Hopefully, my fellow Mod enthusiasts will find the whole or some detail of the whole to appreciate and maybe even adopt.

A couple of weeks ago, I touched on the stylings of the Congolese sapeurs. In one of the articles, was a photo of Jocelyn Armel, standing here on the left:
According to the article, this gentleman owns a fashion boutique in Paris which is helping to push forward the dandy image of the sapeurs. Just dig on what this guy is wearing. I thought I knew how to use color in my clothes, but dang! This guy just schooled me!

First off, look at the electric blue of that suit... gorgeous, bright color that would stand out in any setting. Looks to be a 3-button jacket with slanted ticket pocket, too. Next up, the toned-down pink tie. I like my ties bright, personally, but the muted tone of his tie works perfectly to highlight the bright blue of the suit.

Now, for my favorite details of all: the pocket square and shoes! The puffy pocket square appears to have accents of a light green color which match so well with the aqua-green of this shoes... oh yeah, AQUA-GREEN SHOES!! Armel manages to bring together 3 great colors in one outfit: blue, pink, and green. Digest that for a minute...

Hmm... I'd say now's the time to start studying the color wheel!

One last bit of detail: looks like Armel's even got striped socks on and you know how I feel about those!

No comments:

Post a Comment